Wednesday, November 18, 2009

New Comic Book Day reviews for Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Here are my comic book reviews for the books that I read for New Comic Book Day, Wednesday, November 18, 2009! All of my reviews are strictly opinion and I would love to hear any feedback, good or bad, as I work my way through my first week of reviewing comic books! Enjoy!

#1 Pick of the week: "Batman: Confidential" #37 for January 2010

This is my pick of the week for comic readers for many different reasons, which definitely start with the cover! Beautiful art of Batman and Lady Blackhawk to go along with the brilliant art that is all the way through the book. Interesting story with Batman, Lady Black Hawk, and Military Villain Ted Gaynor. Also an appearance by villain Killer Shark who is drawn almost the same as Killer Croc. Story is a quick read, great visuals, and a last page you have to see to believe! Definitely my must read of the week.
Score: 5 out of 5 for me!

#2 Pick of the week: "Azrael" #2 for January 2010

Azrael has never been a huge draw for me to read in the past, however it was in my pull list for this week and I decided to give it a read and I was for sure suprised and happy that I did. The cover art is brilliant which blew away the art that was done on the inside. For me the inside drawings were lacking detail, focus, and sort of dumbed down the story for me. Other then that though, the writing was great, very interesting fast read that left me wanting more. Can't wait for next month. Definitely my sleeper pick for this month and a great read.
Score: 4 out of 5 for me!

#3 Pick of the week: "Blackest Night: Superman/Batman" #66 for January 2010

This book was a draw for me because 1. the inclusion in the Black Latern Universe is well placed and 2. I am a huge fan of Man-Bat. This book features Man-Bat, Bizarro, and Solomon Grundy; which is a odd combination but one I enjoyed. Solomon Grundy as a Black Lantern I thought was brilliant, the battle of Man-Bat against himself is always great, and Bizarro is always around for some guaranteed laughs. As always in Superman/Batman the cover art and inside drawings were great. Maybe, not a buy for some but definitely a good read if you need a filler book.
Score: 3 out of 5 for me!



#4 Pick of the week: "Batman: Streets of Gotham" #6 for January 2010

Great cover with the beautiful Huntress along with many great inside drawings to add to her appeal. The story though simple was well thought out with a beginning, middle, and end. Black Mask is in the book for a split second along with an invisible and yet unknown assailant. Simple book that reminded me of comics from the Silver Age. If you have never read "Streets of Gotham" I think this would be a great starting point. So check it out!
Score: 3 out of 5 for me!

That has been my comic book reviews for this week I hope you have enjoyed reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. I would love some feedback and thank you for reading. I will be back next week with a whole new set of reviews!

Much Love,

Dustin from "The Gotham City Gazette"

0 Leave a Comment: