Monday, February 22, 2010

The Hero Initiative



Hello everyone and welcome back to "The Clover Comics Gazette"! I know it's been a while and I've been slacking, but don't worry I'm back for you Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, giving you all the nerd news you need to know. It's a Nerd's World everyone else is just living in it!


Now my first blog back is going to be about a cause that is very near and dear to my heart and that cause is the Hero Initiative. Haven't heard of them? Well you will now! Now the Hero Initiative is meant to help support comic creators with health, medical, and quality-of-life assistance. Why would the Hero Initiative have to do this? Well unfortunately early comic book creators (ie: inkers, artists, writers) were often paid little to nothing for their work and were not able to have rights to the creations that made mass amounts of money since being created so many years ago. Personally I feel, and I know most comic book lovers feel, that creators deserve to be paid for the things that comic book consumers love so much. That would be like a "Batman" comic without "Created By: Bob Kane" noted in the book, it is just not right!

Please follow the "Hero Initiative" on Twitter by clicking HERE!

Here is another great thing about the Hero Initiative, they have found a niche' that alot of charities have yet to grasp and that is a gift for a donation. Though myself or alot people don't need a gift in return for a donation and feel that the causes "Thank You" is more gift then we would ever need; the case is that with so many charities a little incentive goes a long way. I myself now have a great rubber bracelet that was given to me to go along with my donation!

Please join the "Hero Initiative" Facebook group by clicking HERE!

My goal this year is to think more about others and not be as selfish as I have been in the past. Now for me I have a couple of causes that I really support and this happens to be one of them. I try to imagine one of my favorite artists "Jim Lee" not being paid for being one of the most acclaimed artists of all time; why would I want the creators of one of my favorite hobbies to go without their recognition? I wouldn't!

Do you want information about how to help please visit the "Hero Initiative" website by clicking HERE!

Great Video About The "Hero Initiative"

Believe me I understand money is tight, however if you are a comic book lover it really doesn't make sense to not go without $5 bucks to ensure that the pioneers of an industry that we love so much can be taken care of.

Now with that said, besides donation you could volunteer at one of their auctions, they are usually at every comic book convention, you could support them by joining their group on Facebook, and you can tell your friends about it. I didn't know about this charity until about a year ago and I'm proud to say that I help support them!

Much love from the desk of "The Clover Comics Gazette":

This is "The Boy Wonder" - DJ Under Pressure signing off!

Great links below, please check them out!

Please DJ Under Pressure on twitter: @CloverComics

Fan me on Facebook here: Clover Comics

Also, to read more about the "Hero Initiative" please visit their Wikipedia page HERE!

0 Leave a Comment: