Friday, December 4, 2009

Iraq Star Foundation on OCC: A cause worth paying attention to


Please click the photo to visit the "Iraq Star" website!

Last night I watched a new episode of "American Chopper", so like usual I expected lots of yelling and destroying of things in the shop, but I was unaware and pleasantly surprised by the bike Orange County Choppers was building on this episode.


Here are some video highlights of last nights "American Chopper" with the "Iraq Star" bike!
OCC was asked by the "Iraq Star Foundation" to build a bike to be auctioned off to support the foundation. I had never heard of "Iraq Star Foundation", but they are a non-profit organization that provides American soldiers with reconstructive surgery after returning home from the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.

Please click the photo to visit the "Iraq Star" store which proceeds go to the foundation!

Other then the stars from OCC other celebrities such as Gary Sinise, Kristy Swanson, Tom Selleck, and Kevin Sorbo are among the many celebrity supporters for the "Iraq Star Foundation". I think in a nation that is so engulfed in pop culture that it is imperative that celebrities use their fame for shining a light on such important things such as "Iraq Star".

Myself, and I'm sure most Americans, are extremely proud to have men and woman willing to fight for the U.S.A. and to be away from their families for so long especially during the holiday season. We want them to do what they have to do and get back as soon as possible. Hopefully positive thought will bring them back sooner than later! With that said they are at war and with war inevitably comes injuries and with injuries surely disfigurement; which is where the "Iraq Star Foundation" is needed. I think it is extremely important to respect our soldiers enough to make their return to the United States, injured or not, as harmless as possible. Especially in the case of those who have been injured or disfigured, I think it is critical to take care of any care soldiers may need when the return home. I'm sure the weight of returning from war is heavy enough without having to deal with any other burdens.
Click the photo to visit the Twitter account of Kristy Swanson!
This Playboy is signed to me but I'm definitely willing to part with it and give all proceeds to "Iraq Star".
You can email me here if interested!

I had the honor of meeting Kristy Swanson, the Original Buffy the Vampire Slayer, at a comic book show not too long ago and I am constantlly pleasantly surprised by the humble and selfless approach of alot of celebrities. So it's nice to see celebrities using their notority for good! This is a cause that I can definitely put myself behind and wish "Iraq Star" nothing but huge donations and great things.

Click HERE to join the "Iraq Star" cause on Facebook!
Soldiers: We're thinking about you, be safe and come home soon!
Civilians, yes I'm talking to myself as well, please support our troops and "Iraq Star"

From the Desk of "The Clover Comics Gazette"
this is
"The Boy Wonder"-Dustin
signing off!




0 Leave a Comment: